- The price of LASIK is subject to change based on patient and market conditions
- As of June 2023, patients of San Antonio Eye Specialists can expect to pay anywhere from $2100 to $2497.50 per eye for LASIK eye surgery.
- At San Antonio Eye Specialists, we utilize a variety of excimer and femtosecond lasers, allowing us to present diverse pricing options for our patients. These choices are tailored to each patient's unique eyesight requirements and are guided by the surgeon's recommendations.
- While LASIK may seem like a pricey investment, it is an investment that will last a lifetime.
LASIK was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1999, since that time, millions of patients have enjoyed the benefits of visual freedom--seeing clearly without glasses or contact lenses.
With the growing popularity of the procedure, it has become a commodity. But the old adage still holds true, "you get what you pay for." Be leary of prices that sound "too good to be true" as they are usually gimmicks to lure you in with a marketing ploy of bait and switch. So it's not uncommon to see very low prices advertised but upon examination of your eyes, you are told you don't meet the very small prescription requirements (usually written in fine print). Then they switch with a higher price.
Our slogan says it all, "for your eyes...don't compromise" meaning you should not settle when it comes to your eyes for quality and succumb to the alluring gimmicks of low prices. Research your options and take advantage of complimentary consultations. Ask questions and follow your gut instinct. When researching, compare apples to apples to make an informed choice for surgery. Compare laser technology, and seek a reputable surgeon with surgical experience and a favorable success rate.
What Is The Cost Of LASIK?
Some factors to assess and how San Antonio Eye Specialists stands apart:
1. At San Antonio Eye Specialists, we offer transparency in allowing you to ask all your questions to our surgeon, Dr. Iskander, who will personally meet you at your first appointment, examine your eyesight, and recommend a treatment plan based on your lifestyle and type of work you do in using your vision. It's complimentary with no gimmicks or hidden costs. Not all candidates are a good fit for LASIK and while you may not want to hear that, you must appreciate the honesty in knowing we genuinely care about achieving the best results for you and not harming you.
2. Dr. Iskander is a fellowship-trained refractive surgeon who took an extra year of refractive surgical training under the guidance of a world-renowned refractive mentor, Dr. Howard Gimbel. Dr. Iskander is also a 3rd-generation ophthalmologist who is truly passionate about helping all his patients achieve their best-corrected vision and researches the most proven diagnostics to assess your eye measurements and eye health. Dr. Iskander provides precise excimer and femtosecond lasers for ensuring fast and accurate LASIK results at our state-of-the-art eye care center.
3. In addition to specialized training, Dr. Iskander possesses over 20 years of refractive surgical experience and certification performing tens of thousands of laser procedures on various laser technology platforms. He also co-authored a book chapter on LASIK. Dr. Iskander is a noted speaker and is sought out for his knowledge and finesse in managing complex cases by patients and colleagues.
4. We have different excimer and femtosecond lasers and therefore we can offer different price points to our patients based on their eyesight and surgeon recommendation. In general, you can expect between $2100 to $2500 per eye. We know LASIK is an investment in your vision, and we work with all our patients to make LASIK achievable and also offer financing options. Before reacting to the price tag of LASIK, ask yourself, how long have I worn glasses? How many glasses have been purchased for fashion, or repair or losing them? Do glasses place limitations on your lifestyle or ease of movement? Consider similar questions with contact lenses, how long have you worn them? What are the costs associated and ease of ordering and shipment? How do contacts impact your lifestyle? Often you realize, you have paid for LASIK many times over.
Dr. Iskander has lived in San Antonio since 2002 and takes pride in offering compassionate and honest eyecare. His practice encompasses caring for several generations of family members and their friends. You can expect quality eye care and excellent surgical results. Come consult with Dr. Iskander about your LASIK candidacy and discover your visual options. For your eyes...don't compromise!
What is the typical cost of LASIK in San Antonio?
LASIK Laser Vision Correction is a procedure that can correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism. LASIK is so safe and so precise; it is approved by the military for its pilots and NASA for its astronauts. The cost of LASIK in San Antonio can vary greatly based on a surgeon’s experience, technology, facility and staff. In most cases, LASIK at San Antonio Eye Specialists can range from $2100 to $2497.50 depending the patient’s prescription and technology used during the procedure. At our practice, we’ve invested in multiple laser technologies to help ensure our patients receive a tailored procedure, customized to their unique vision. Our technology, combined with Dr. Iskander’s refractive fellowship-trained experience, will help patients achieve their personal best vision, often surpassing 20/20.
Often, we have patients ask us about ads they hear on the radio with LASIK starting at just $250 an eye. Unfortunately, there are a few corporate LASIK discount chains that use “bait and switch” marketing tactics to get patients in the door. Most of the time, patients end up paying several thousands of dollars more because their prescription falls outside any miniscule prescription associated with $250 per eye. Dry eye or even the smallest amount of detachable astigmatism can affect this $250 per eye offer. In fact, in a recent study, 72% of patients have 0.50 D or more of astigmatism. At San Antonio Eye Specialists, Dr. Iskander personally meets with all his patients and discusses an honest, upfront treatment plan without any hidden costs. We also strive to make LASIK affordable for nearly all budgets. This is why we offer 0% financing for up to 24 months and low-payment options with payments as little as $3 a day! Currently, our practice offers both Alphaeon and CareCredit Financing. These companies make financing your procedure a simple and seamless experience.
For LASIK Eye Surgery in San Antonio, Trust San Antonio Eye Specialists
If you have been considering LASIK, stop hesitating and explore your visual options by calling (210) 822-9800 for your 100% complimentary San Antonio LASIK consultation! During your consultation, we will perform a series of measurements to help determine if LASIK is right for you. At the time of your consultation, our LASIK counselor will also discuss the cost of LASIK surgery and the financing options of interest to you.
For Your Eyes…Don’t Compromise!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average cost of LASIK eye surgery at San Antonio Eye Specialists?
LASIK eye surgery in San Antonio, TX typically costs around $2100 to $2500 an eye. While San Antonio residents may hear radio ads advertising LASIK for just $250 an eye, this is typically a bait-and-switch marketing tactic in which you will pay more than what’s advertised. Most reputable and trust LASIK eye surgeons in the San Antonio area will not quote LASIK eye surgery at less than $2100 an eye.
It is difficult to assess an exact dollar amount until a patient is examined by our fellowship-trained refractive surgeon at their first appointment. At this complimentary LASIK consultation, preliminary diagnostic tests and measurements are taken to assess the candidacy for the LASIK procedure and second assess their overall vision. Not everyone is a LASIK candidate, but fortunately, various refractive procedures will achieve the best-corrected vision without glasses or contact lenses.
San Antonio Eye Specialists is a locally owned and operated San Antonio practice specializing in refractive surgery for 20 years and we are proud to offer personalized care. We house state-of-the-art diagnostics and surgical equipment to provide you with the exceptional surgical outcomes that you seek and deserve. For your eyes...don't compromise!