EVO ICL in San Antonio
STAAR Surgical introduced the FDA-approved EVO Visian Implantable Collamer Lens (EVO ICL) in the USA in March, 2022. To be clear, this is not a new technology as 2 million recipients have received it globally.
The EVO ICL, made from biocompatible collamer, is designed to be used in phakic eye treatment for patients ages 21 to 45 with mild to severe myopia (-3.00D to -20.00D). EVO ICL is a viable and sometimes, only surgical vision correction option, for patients not suitable candidates for LASIK but can be a refractive option for many patients. The EVO lens can be implanted in a reasonably quick surgical procedure lasting about 15 minutes per eye involving no removal of corneal tissue.
Some of the Key Benefits of the EVO ICL are:
- Has a 99% satisfaction rate
- Is an additive, removable lens where no corneal tissue is removed
- Doesn’t cause dry eye syndrome
- Provides protection from UV rays
- Provides sharp, clear vision